– This is the most streamed song?
– How did I not guess this? This was literally THE song.
– Shut up! I knew it! ♪ (punk rock intro) ♪ – (FBE) The 2010s are coming
to an end, but fortunately for you, we’re going to be taking a trip
down memory lane and looking back at the decade’s biggest songs.
– Oh my gosh. Yay! The music from the early 2010s,
those were all bops. – (FBE) So, we’re gonna
be showing you the top five most globally streamed songs
on Spotify of the decade… – Oh, heck yeah.
– (FBE) …and get your thoughts on some of the biggest songs
of the last 10 years. – I’m excited. I have a playlist
called a better time, and it’s all just like Jonas Brothers,
Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, One Direction. I’m just excited
to relive my childhood through music. – ♪ When your legs don’t work
like they used to before ♪ – This is so good.
– That’s so crazy. 2014! I still hear this song all the time.
– ♪ Daring, I… ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Will be
loving you till we’re 70 ♪ – Ah, I hate this song.
– I feel like she’s doing all the dancing.
He’s just moving. – I just can’t believe
he’s the one doing all this, and that girl is lucky.
Like, Ed Sheeran? He’s cool. – I hear it all the time.
It’s just– I don’t like it. Shut up! – So, for Ed Sheeran,
I don’t choose to listen to him, but when I hear him, I like it.
– (chuckles) Ed Sheeran. What a guy. What a guy.
– (sings along) ♪ Every single day ♪ Oh. Put Ed Sheeran
on Dancing with the Stars. – ♪ So, honey now ♪ (sings along) ♪ Take me
into [bleep] arms ♪ I remember that
being a joke thing. – Good song, though.
It’s a good song. It is a good song. Just got annoying,
’cause it got so popular. – I used to cry to this song
when I was like, what? 12? And I’d be like (sniffles)
(chuckles) – ♪ Found love
right where we are ♪ – I actually wasn’t expecting
that one to be on there, but I can see why Ed Sheeran is great.
It’s just such a nice song with great lyrics, great melody.
I remember singing this at a sixth grade dance
with all my friends. – He made the perfect song
for walking down the aisle. – I remember when I first discovered
Ed Sheeran, it was “The A Team” back in those REAL
sad boy Tumblr days. So crazy how popular
some artists get within 10 years.
– (FBE) So, this track appeared on Sheeran’s second album, “Multiply,”
which was released in 2014. And the single spent a whole year
in the UK top 40 and was the first song to be
streamed over 500 million times on Spotify. Do you remember
what you thought about the song when it maybe first came out?
– When it first came out, so that’s like–
I think that was like five years ago. That’s that tweener stage.
So, you wanna– you like it, but you’re not gonna say
that you like it, but you know you like it.
– I was really in my boy band phase. That’s where I was when I was 14.
Ed Sheeran, I feel like has a similar style to that.
– Everyone just got a phone. It’s like, “Oh my gosh.
Look at this song.” So, it was really, really
popular at the time and it’s so good. – (FBE) So, before we move on,
do you think you can guess which song is gonna come in
at number four? – It’s gonna either be
maybe Ariana Grande– Billie, of course, has
to be somewhere on here. – The Chainsmokers?
That’s what I’m thinking. – ♪ Hey ♪
♪ I was doing just fine… ♪ – Oh my god! I forgot
about this song too! – Oh my gosh! How did
I do that?! I knew it. – 2016? It felt like yesterday.
(chuckles) – I LOVE Chainsmokers now.
I just picked them up this last year during my sad phase.
– This is another song that I could not get out of my head.
– Oh, oh, hi. Oh my god. Halsey’s so hot.
– I would say I’m a little surprised by this one,
for it to be above Ed Sheeran. – Ew!
– Okay, I’ve never seen this music video. It’s a lot.
– ♪ So, baby… ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Pull me closer ♪
– (sings along) ♪ In the backseat of your Rover ♪ (laughs)
– (sings along) ♪ Can’t afford ♪ Dude, literally this section
of the lyrics too, I was like, “Oh my g”– like, his mind!
(laughs) Like oh my god! – ♪ Roommate back in Boulder ♪
♪ We ain’t never getting older ♪ – I love Halsey.
I’ve always loved Halsey. She showed up in
my Artists of the Decade. – This was when Musical.ly
came out, right? We’re going memory lane.
And the song became really popular. – Dude, you’re unlocking levels
of my brain that I totally forgot about these songs.
But obviously, as soon as you play them,
I know every lyric. I remember exactly what I was doing
when this music was going out. – (FBE) Number four is “Closer”
by the Chainsmokers featuring Halsey. And the track was released
in December of 2016 and stayed at the top of the Billboard Hot 100
for 12 consecutive weeks. – Wow. Again, I’m really shocked
at what an international success this song was.
– In that month, they blew up. It went from nobody
really knowing them to everybody, like,
“Oh, did you hear that?” It’s like, “You don’t
know them? You’re weird.” So, I think that song
gave them a lot of recognition that they deserved. – (gasps) Oh, yay! Postie!
I’m happy about this one. I love Post Malone.
– Shut up! I knew it! – This is also one
of the most streamed songs? What? – This song is a bop, though. – ♪ Drinking… ♪
– I mean, I liked Post Malone for a while.
– And this song was literally everywhere-everywhere.
Everybody knew Savage’s verse. – I think the reason why this one
was so top is ’cause 21 Savage was a part of it too.
– ♪ On the table, liquor pourin’ ♪
♪ Don’t give a damn ♪ – This isn’t a very
interesting music video. – ♪ She just tryna get… ♪
– (sings along) ♪ In ♪ ♪ Saying “I’m with the band” ♪
– ♪ Ay, ay ♪ – That one’s a good song too.
I mean, I wasn’t expecting that. I didn’t hear that many people
playing that one. – At the time, everyone was like,
“Have you listened to his song? Have you listened to his album?”
– Just overall, Post Malone seems like a cool guy.
I mean, his music has been really popping off this year.
So, it really does make sense. – (FBE) So, at number three
is “Rockstar” by Post Malone featuring 21 Savage,
which reached number one on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2017,
and it reached the top spot in several other countries,
including Australia, Canada, Portugal, Ireland, New Zealand,
Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, and the UK, just to name a few.
– “Just to name a few.” Awesome. – Music is so international now,
because everyone’s just streaming it. You can just go on Spotify
and look up your artist or you can use Apple Music.
There’s tons of platforms now. There are no borders to music.
– ♪ Grips on your waist ♪ ♪ Front way, back way ♪
– YAY! – There. Why didn’t I
say this earlier?! Oh my gosh.
– ♪ I don’t play ♪ ♪ Streets not safe,
but I never run away ♪ ♪ Even when I’m away ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Oti, oti ♪ ♪ There’s never much love
when we go OT ♪ ♪ I pray to make it back in one… ♪
– My opinion? I think Drake was the best artist of the decade.
– ♪ That’s why I need a one dance ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Got a Hennessy
in my hand ♪ I could still dance to this song.
– Some of my best friends are really into his music.
And I do see his recorded music is really good and really catchy,
but I don’t like this live version. i want it to stop kind of.
– ♪ One more time ‘fore I go ♪ ♪ Higher powers taking a hold on me ♪
– Sometimes the songs with really simple melodies
are so catchy, ’cause it’s just easy to remember
and you just focus on the lyrics. – (sings along) ♪ One more time
‘fore I go ♪ ♪ Higher powers taking
a hold on me ♪ – Oh, look at him. Oh.
– (laughs) No! No more dancing, please!
– Ay, ay. (chuckles) He’s so cute. I remember that song.
It played everywhere, though. I did get sick of it quite easily.
– That is definitely a top song that I was playing all the time.
– 2016 to 2017, he was putting out so many bops. So many people were
into him when I was in high school. – (FBE) So, as you may have noticed,
“One Dance” is actually the only song on Spotify’s list that doesn’t
have an official music video, which is why you just watched
the SNL performance instead. – Yeah, I noticed. I was like,
“This doesn’t really look like a music video.”
– So, I guess, in a sense, it probably did drive more people
to go to Spotify or Apple Music or whatever streaming platform
that they have to listen to it, ’cause they don’t wanna listen
to the live version. But also, again, for example,
like Ariana Grande’s music, she makes hella music videos
and releases it and both of them always do very well. – ♪ A club isn’t the best place ♪
– Go, Ed Sheeran! Woo-hoo. – Oh my god! It’s another
Ed Sheer– What?! – This was literally THE song.
– (claps) Fun fact: this was my alarm song
(chuckles) for like a year. – I think it’s a decent song.
– It’s vibing. You get the beat. Everyone played it everywhere!
I just didn’t like it. – ♪ And now I’m singing like ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Girl, you know I want your love ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Your love was handmade for somebody
like me ♪ ♪ Come on now, follow my lead ♪
♪ I may be crazy ♪ – Wait, no. I hate this song too.
What am I saying? I just– I– Ed Sheeran!
I just don’t like his music. – ♪ And put that body on me ♪
♪ Come on now, follow my… ♪ – Ed Sheeran is making
that sh’money. (chuckles) – ♪ I’m in love
with the shape of you ♪ – Look at him going off.
Athletic king. – Is it weird?
I feel like it’s weird. You know, staring at a girl
at the gym, you know? – ♪ Last night, you were in my room ♪
– Ouch. – It just annoys me.
I don’t know. It’s just not really poppin’.
It doesn’t really have a beat to it. It’s more of a rap beat
to a pop song. – ♪ Oh I ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Oh I, oh I, oh I♪
♪ I’m in love with your body ♪ Wow! Yay! I’m happy for him.
I’m kinda glad it wasn’t Senorita. (chuckles)
– This is the most streamed song of the 201– like this year
also counts as the– what?! – Now that I think about it,
Ed Sheeran was poppin’ in these 2014, 2015, 2016,
all the way to 2017. – (FBE) Spotify’s most streamed
song of the decade is “Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran,
which came out in 2017. The song peaked at number one
on the singles chart in 34 countries and it was also the first song
on Spotify to hit two billion streams. – Mm, two billion.
The first one to ever hit two– wow. – (FBE) Why do you think
that this song in particular was such a smash hit of this decade?
– It was an easy tune to dance to. – That’s the only reason why I think
people like it is because it gets stuck in their head and they just
constantly say it and sing it over and over, so they wanna
listen to it more. – It kind of mixed in a lot
of genres that it’s appealing to almost everybody.
– Each one of them, I understand why they got the place
that they did. It makes a lot of sense,
because if you think about it, that was the song of that time.
– (FBE) So, that now you’ve seen Spotify’s decades list,
were there any songs on this list that surprised you?
– I was definitely surprised by a bunch of them.
I was kind of expecting more hits from the earlier 2010s.
But I mean, it kind of makes sense since Spotify’s
a lot more popular now that it would be
more recent songs. – I would say they all
surprised me to be honest. But I’m very pleased
that everybody loves Ed Sheeran. – Ed Sheeran twice,
that’s what surprised me. And Drake’s song, not really.
None of these surprised me. They were all just like, “Yeah,
I heard those a bazillion times.” – All of those surprised me
except for Drake’s “One Dance.” That made sense to me.
I was like, “Oh yeah, that song was really popular.
I like that song.” I’m thinking Taylor Swift,
Lorde, Ariana Grande, [bleep] Jonas Brothers,
One Direction, like all the songs, but I feel like nobody–
when those songs first came out, it was like 2009 to 2013, right?
And no one was on Spotify then. Everyone was on the radio,
so that’s probably why those songs have
the most Spotify streams, because those got released
when everyone started jumping on the bandwagon for Spotify.
No one had Spotify until I was in high school.
– (FBE) So finally, we wanna know what is the one song
that encapsulates your 2010s? – Oh, no. Probably a Beyonce song.
– I’m gonna say Alina Baraz has been a really big impact
and Sabrina Claudio. Those are definitely artists
that I’ve been listening to a lot. – My favorite song out of the 2010s
was “Ophelia” by the Lumineers. That was– that got me
through everything, every little hardship.
– I’m gonna say “XO Tour Llif3” from Lil Uzi Vert, ’cause I think
I played that song more times than any other song.
– “Youngblood” by 5 Seconds of Summer. It’s just so upbeat, so fast.
And since I dance, I love that song. It just has a little
catchy beat, you know? – Thanks for watching
this episode of Teens React. – Subscribe and hit
that notification bell, so you never miss an episode.
– What do you think is your most streamed song
of the decade? Let us know in the comments.
– Bye! – Hey, everyone. Lauren,
producer here at FBE. Thank you so much
for watching this episode. Make sure you follow us on Twitter,
@fbe, for staff and reactor Q&As, company news, and so much more.