– We could hang out in the morning.
– ♪ Curfew ♪ – That sounds very Kidz Bop. ♪ (upbeat intro) ♪ – (FBE) So, today,
you’re going to be doing Guess That Kidz Bop or Original Song?
– No! (laughs) – I kinda grew up with Kidz Bop. So that’s fun.
– Oh yeah, absolutely. – I grew up with Kidz Bop. I remember seeing the first ever
Kidz Bop commercial and then I had,
I think the first five CDs. – I’ve never listened
to Kidz Bop at all. The only experience
I have with Kidz Bop is when it would come on a commercial,
and be like “Kidz Bop 35!” – Exactly. – Because I’m closer to being a kid
than Brandon, I’m pretty sure I got this in the bag.
– I have to agree, but also, I’ve played this before,
so I know what to look out for. – (FBE) The rules are pretty easy.
I will give you a lyric from the song, and I will also give you
the artist name, and you’ll have to guess
if it’s the Kidz Bop or the original lyric? You’ll get a point
if you guess correctly, you have a chance
at a bonus point however, if you can guess
the song title correctly. – Now it’s gonna be also getting
the title, ’cause I want points. – (FBE) You ready for your first lyric?
– Oh yeah, bring it on. – (FBE) Okay, so this first song
is from Macklemore. – Now, walk into the club
like “what up I got a hit song.” – Oh my gosh.
– Oh, oh, oh, oh! – (laughs) I love this song. – Okay, well, that’s. – Yeah, I got that down. – I know this one honestly. It’s probably the most difficult one
we’re gonna get. – KB, Kidz Bop!
– Kidz Bop! – (FBE) Aw, you were so close,
but it is the Kidz Bop lyric, so you both get a point for that.
– Yeah, okay. What’s the song title though?
– Oh wait. – (FBE) It’s Thrift Shop.
– Thrift Shop! – (FBE) You got it right! – Yeah, that’s right!
– Yeah, let’s go! – Yes!
– Sick! – What does that say?
– Thrift Shop, oh that’s right. – ♪ Walk up in the club like what up ♪
♪ I got a big [bleep] ♪ Is like what it is before. (laughs) Kidz Bop’s like
“we’re gonna change that one.” – It’s a good clean way
to replace the lyric. – (FBE) We’re gonna listen to
the original version, and the Kidz Bop version. I think the original version
is a very bad word, I’m assuming. – Oh, I love that one! ♪ Like what up, I got a big ♪
(screeches) – ♪ I’m gonna pop some tags, only got ♪ – (sings along)
♪ 20 dollars in my pocket ♪ – Dude, this song used to be so big. – (sings along) ♪ This is ♪
[bleep] ♪ Awesome ♪ – ♪ Now, walk up to the club ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Like what up ♪
♪ I got a big [bleep] ♪ – ♪ I’m about to buy some [bleep] ♪
♪ From a thrift shop ♪ – Wow, I haven’t listened
to that song in a while. – Woo!
– That’s not child appropriate. – Makes sense as to why
they changed it in Kidz Bop. – See that was needed. – Now kids, here we go.
I’m expecting a kazoo. – ♪ I’m gonna rock some tags ♪
♪ Only got ♪ – Why did they change it
from pop to rock? – The vocals were just never there. – ♪ This is really awesome ♪
(Jaxon laughs) – ♪ Walk up to the club ♪
♪ Like what up, I got a hit song ♪ – Hey! (laughs)
– ♪ Clothes from the thrift shop ♪ – No!
– Okay, they had some sauce, low key. – They had some sauce! (laughs)
– They were goin’ off! – I’m so concerned
as to why we changed pop to rock? What is pop, sometimes,
I mean like steal? That’s my theory.
♪ Dun dun dun ♪ – I know though,
that in these future songs, there’s gonna be something in there
that just has no need to be fixed. – (FBE) The next song
is by Ariana Grande. – Ugh, ugh!
– Okay. – We could hang out in the mornin’,
mornin’, yeah yeah, my heart is yours. No, I know this one.
Do you know this one? – No. – That sounds very Kidz Bop-y,
but I don’t know, I don’t know the song. – I thought I listened to a lot
of Ariana Grande, but I don’t recognize this lyric.
– That I would know it, but I don’t. – You have to put yourself
in the artist’s shoes. Is this something that
Ariana Grande would sing? – I wrote the acronym. – I said Kidz Bop, and is this
Break Up With Your Girlfriend? – I got it wrong. – (FBE) You did get it wrong.
(buzzer rings) It is the Kidz Bop Break Up With Your Girlfriend,
’cause I’m Bored. – Oh!
– ‘Cause I’m Bored. – (FBE) You’re both wrong!
– What? – We’re both wrong?
– (FBE) You’re both wrong. Mikaela is right!
– Oh, I know this one! Sorry, Ari.
– It is, okay! – Oh my God.
I should have guessed that. – You could hit it in the morning.
You can hang out in the mornin’. – (FBE) Alright, here’s the original
version of the song. – ♪ Break up with your girlfriend ♪
♪ Yeah yeah, ’cause I’m bored ♪ – (sings along) ♪ You can hit it ♪
♪ In the mornin’ ♪ – ♪ Yeah yeah ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Like it’s yours ♪ – I love Ariana Grande.
♪ But I don’t care, care ♪ – Ooh, vocals.
– Thank you. – Love it, we love it.
– Why would they do this song? – ‘Cause they’re not old enough
to have boyfriends. – Maybe they talk about baseball.
– That’s it! – You can hit it in the mornin’.
– That’s true. – At recess. – ♪ Break with with your girlfriend ♪
– I love the chorus of children. – ♪ ‘Cause I’m bored ♪
♪ We could hang out in the mornin’ ♪ – We could hang out in the morning.
– ♪ Curfew ♪ – ♪ I know it aint’ right ♪
♪ But I don’t care ♪ – See, they even kept in the parts
like ♪ I know it ain’t right ♪ ♪ But I don’t care ♪
Like, what’s not right, Charlie? – It doesn’t fit at all.
– It really doesn’t. – It’s weird how Kidz Bop
can take really provocative songs and then try to make it,
twist them so it’s not provocative. – You can change as much
lyrics as you want, but you know, wrong message. – I thought I heard momma’s yours. – I can’t imagine someone
discovers music through Kidz Bop. Like could you imagine
a kid being like “wait, what?” “This isn’t the original song?” – (FBE) This song is by Taylor Swift.
– T-Swizzle! – Stolen kisses, pretty lies.
– Pretty Little Liars! – See Taylor Swift
is already pretty clean. That I don’t think
you need to change much. – Yeah, that’s Kidz Bop. – Stolen kisses
with little kids, like what? – (blows raspberry) Could be
Hershey’s Kisses boy, come on! – I think that this is Taylor. – I don’t know
what this lyric is from. Original, Blank Space?
– (FBE) Yep! – Yeah, ♪ Stolen kisses, pretty lies ♪
– Thank you! – Hell yeah!
– Oh amazing, cool. – (FBE) It is the original lyric.
– Were you off? – Not really,
I just kinda just guessed. – (FBE) You got that
it’s the original right. (bell rings)
– Okay, cool. – (FBE) And you put Kidz Bop,
so that’s wrong. – Ah!
– Aw. – I know these melodies,
but I don’t know the song title. – I thought maybe the original has something instead
of stolen kisses, you know? – ♪ Cherry lips ♪
– Yeah, okay. – Oh, the nostalgia!
– ♪ Incredible things ♪ ♪ Stolen kisses, pretty lies ♪ ♪ You’re the king baby ♪
♪ I’m your queen ♪ ♪ Find out what you want ♪ – This just brings me back to working in
an Italian ice cream shop. That’s all i used to play
on the radio, like the same fake radio over and over again. – It just, it seems too deep
for Kidz Bop. They’d probably say stolen
juice box, pretty lunch. – ♪ Cherry bread ♪
– Cherry bread? – Cherry bread?
– ♪ Stolen kisses, pretty eyes ♪ ♪ You’re the king ♪
♪ Maybe I’m your queen ♪ – What, why? – ♪ For a month ♪
♪ Wait the worst is yet to come ♪ – This girl has the best vocals out of everything we’ve heard so far.
– That’s cute! I think the more, honestly,
that I listen to this, the more that I appreciate
the wholesomeness of Kidz Bop. – Yeah.
– I just don’t get it. Like, what? – Lips are too sexual, just like showing shoulders
in high school. – The Kidz Bop producers are like
“no, lying’s a sin, we can’t put that in.” “Change it to something.”
– Maybe it’s also like, their changing of their lyrics
isn’t supposed to be just solely for censorship,
just for like their own twist. – (FBE) This next one is by
The Black Eyed Peas. – Ya’ll hear that spaceship
zoom, when I get up inside the room, then girls go crazy.
– Oh, oh oh, you know this one! – Reading lyrics just like this
without any melody behind it is so hard, ’cause I have no clue!
– But I know this song! – I don’t know man.
Like I could totally hear will.i.am saying these exact words.
– One, two, three. – Is it original Boom Boom Pow.
– (FBE) It is Boom Boom Pow. – Oh shoot, I didn’t put the pow.
– (FBE) And it is the Kidz Bop lyric. I’m gonna give you that, Anthony.
– Wait! – Yes!
(buzzer rings) – I put original, ’cause I thought
“them girls go crazy.” – I couldn’t actually think
of the real lyric, but I’m like maybe
that’s replacing something. – Kidz Bop ain’t got [bleep]
on the Black Eyed Peas. – Bro, how did I not see that? – Inside the room,
them girls go crazy. – Okay, play it,
’cause I’m so off beat right now. – ♪ That boom boom boom ♪
♪ Boom boom boom ♪ – This was the song. – ♪ Supersonic boom ♪
♪ Ya’ll hear that spaceship zoom ♪ ♪ When I step inside the room ♪
♪ Them girls ape [bleep] ♪ – Oh!
Them girls go ape [bleep]. – ♪ That low-fi stupid 8-bit ♪
♪ I’m on that HD flat ♪ – That’s some G stuff. Why can’t little kids
say ape [bleep] though? – We love going ape [bleep].
– They’re not going ape [bleep] here. On the playground?
– Got it, got it, okay. – It’s the spaceship that threw us off – ♪ I’m on that supersonic boom ♪
♪ Ya’ll hear that spaceship zoom ♪ – [bleep] it up, Kevin! – ♪ Inside the room ♪
– Ooh. – ♪ Ya’ll stuck on super 8-bit ♪
– So bad. – ♪ I’m on that HD flat ♪
♪ This beat go boom boom pow ♪ – They couldn’t find
a kid who can rap? – Aww!
– Like I’m sorry. Kevin did not do it for me.
The zoom! – You could just hear like
a live studio audience in the back, like repeating the words.
– Ooh! – Just imagine being a kid,
and listening to that. You’re singing the song
with your friends, you’re growing up. You think you’re cool,
you’re tight, you’re in college, your parents are away,
you’re living life, this song comes on the radio…
– You don’t know the lyrics! – You start singing the wrong lyrics
and everyone goes “huh?” – That’s so true! Kidz Bop is setting you up
for failure! – (FBE) Alright, so,
you’re on to the final song. This is by DNCE.
– Ah. – ♪ You’re a real life fantasy ♪ – I for sure know this song. – It kinda sounds like something
an artist would obviously say, but another word
could easily fit right there. – Any one of these words…
– You could be real life… – …could be changed.
– Un, deux, trois, quatre. – [bleep] it, Kidz Bop. – That’s an L for me.
– Original. – I think it’s the OG
Cake By The Ocean? – (FBE) You both got this right! – Yeah!
– Yes! – Yes!
– Yes, okay, I was freaking out. – (FBE) You’re both wrong!
(buzzer rings) – Damn.
– Oh, okay. – (FBE) It’s the original lyric.
– Aww! – Okay okay.
– (FBE) Darius, you got that right. – Hey, I got a point though.
– What song is it? – Cake By The Ocean. – ♪ You should be rolling with me ♪
♪ You should be rolling with me ♪ – (both sing along)
♪ You’re my real-life fantasy ♪ ♪ You’re my real-life fantasy ♪ – Wow, I love DNCE.
– ‘Cause I live dangerously. – (sings along) ♪ Talk to me baby ♪
I mean, it sounds innocent, but the chorus is cake by the ocean.
Why would you even bother to do a Kidz Bop version of this song when it’s about getting laid
on the beach? – You wanna come to the beach with me?
Cake with be served. – A Kidz Bop version
would probably go let’s start living carefully.
– Wait, is the… It sounds almost the same.
– I know! – ♪ You should rolling with me ♪
– His voice is not too bad. – Yeah, what did they take
the old Joe Bros? – ♪ It’s a life that’s meant to be ♪
– It’s a life that’s meant to be? – They changed the whole sentence.
– You’re not living dangerously. I said, I told you,
I had a little close connection there. – I wanna hear the chorus! – Who knows how good
they did on that chorus. – Yeah, exactly! – (FBE) How do you feel
about kids singing this song? – It’s weird, because
the innuendo is still there. – Especially Cake By The Ocean,
that song’s very sexual, and those kids,
I hope it goes over their heads, because they should not be singing
anything like that. – (FBE) So your final scores
are Jaxon with four, and Brandon with two.
(bell rings) – Closer to being a kid, there we go. – (FBE) Tom with six.
– Wow. – (FBE) And Darius with three.
– Aw! – Hey, aw, you were right there.
– I was halfway there. I was halfway there.
– Yeah, there you go. – (FBE) Five, Zaria, Andrei, one.
(bell rings) – At least I got a point. – (FBE) Mikaela wins!
– Yes! – I like how excited you are for me. – Oh, I did a lot better.
– You weren’t that far behind! – I know!
I did a lot better than what I expected. – Honestly, kids should just
listen to the original music. I grew up with Britney Spears,
and I ended up fine. – All I wanna say is
next Saturday’s my birthday! Come through, we’re gonna be having
Kidz Bop all day! – It’s gettin’ lit! – Thanks for watching us
Guess That Kidz Bop… – Or Original…
– (both) On the REACT Channel. – Subscribe for new shows.
– Every week! – If you enjoyed this video…
– Hit that like button! – Bye!
– Bye! – Hey y’all,
REACT Producer Blythe here. Make sure you subscribe to our channel
to see more videos like this one. If you hit that notification bell
and get here early, you might even see me in the comments!