– Another Drake one, yes!
Drake killing the game. – This year has been
really good for music. I don’t care if you think
it’s pop trash. It’s my type of trash. ♪ (industrial intro) ♪ – (FBE) So today, we are gonna
be showing you the top 10 biggest songs from 2018,
and we’re gonna see if you can correctly
place them in order from one to 10. – Okay! I’m usually
pretty good at these. I usually get at least a point.
– Yes, I love these games. – No, I can’t do that.
I just don’t have a really good sense of
what’s popular on today’s radio. – (FBE) This list was determined
by looking at how many weeks a song spent in the top 10
of the Billboard Hot 100 list. We’re not counting songs
that debuted before 2017, although new remixes
released this year count. Ties will be broken based
on how high the song peaked in the top 10.
– Okay. I don’t pay attention to the Billboard top whatever,
so I don’t know anything. – I think I’m gonna do average.
Let’s get it. Let’s go. – ♪ Told that bitch I’m sorry, though ♪
– Cardi, Cardi, Cardi, yo. – ♪ Yeah, they call me Cardi B ♪
♪ I run this [bleep] like cardio ♪ ♪ Diamond district in the Jag ♪
– She is so good. I’m so glad that she popped off.
I remember when she was on Vine. – Ooh.
This track was fire. – Cardi B, man, took over
the [bleep] world this year. – Wow, I love that song so much.
This is hard, ’cause Cardi B’s a queen.
She deserves number one. – (FBE) So, where do you
think that ranks? – “I Like It.”
I’m gonna put “I Like It” at a seven. – I’m gonna put it
at number two. – I really wanna place
that really high, but I don’t know.
I’m gonna go with two. – ♪ And I’m like whoa ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Ohh ♪ Post Malone, man.
– Post Malone, man… (sighs) He’s so sick. – Post Malone’s gonna be
on a bunch of these. I think “Better Now”
is gonna come up as well. – I think I at least
know his name. Post Malone? I know that much! – I actually haven’t heard of this,
so I don’t know how high up it would be.
– ♪ (hums along) ♪ (sings along) ♪ AP goin’ psycho ♪
♪ Lil’ mama bad like Michael ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Can’t really
trust nobody with all this jewelry on you ♪
♪ My roof look like a no-show ♪ ♪ Got diamonds by the… ♪
Number one. But it’s– less be fair.
It’s not number one. – I’ma put that at number five.
– Six. – I’m gonna put that song
at nine. – ♪ Drinkin’ Henny ♪
– (sings along) ♪ And I’m trying to forget ♪
Ahhh! Post Malone! – Wait, is this also
Post Malone? – ♪ You probably think that ♪
– (sings along) ♪ You are better now, better… ♪
Oh, it’s the same person. I was like, that sounds
like the same exact beat. – For five seconds,
I thought that was the same song. – (sings along) ♪ Let you down ♪
♪ Could’ve gave you everything ♪ ♪ Could’ve gave you everything ♪
– ♪ You know I say that I am better now, better now ♪
– This song is actually one of my favorites by him.
– Man, he’s accomplished. Good job. – That song? That’s gotta
be [bleep] high up. – I’m gonna say that one
was number two. – Number five.
– Number two, because I don’t remember one time I turned the radio on in 2018
and “Better Off” didn’t come on. – That one I’ve heard a lot,
so I’m probably gonna give it… two. – ♪ Everybody get your [bleep]… ♪
– Ah, of course. There wouldn’t be a top 10 list
without Drake on it. – These are all really good songs.
We had a pretty good year for music! Oh my god.
– Ooh, is that Rashida Jones? – I love Drake, man.
I love Drake, bro. – I’m so sick of this song.
(snaps) It’s so good. It was– (snaps) I was
obsessed with it when it first (snaps)
came out. – I don’t know. I know
Drake’s really popular, but I haven’t heard
that song that much. – Probably gonna give it a five.
– Everyone loves this song. I’m gonna put it
at number four. – Three. I remember
when it came out, it was like a lady anthem.
Ladies love that [bleep]. – ♪ I don’t wanna… ♪
– “God’s Plan” was this year? – Why don’t we just call it
the Drake list? – I really like this song.
– Drake literally kills it on every single track.
It’s actually insane. – ♪ God’s plan, God’s plan ♪ – He bought everyone
everything in this video. – Everyone loves “God’s Plan.”
Everyone always references this song. – This music video was so cute.
I love this. – Everything about this video
is just so wholesome. And the song itself is really good.
– This song was everywhere. I wonder when he made this song
if he knew how hot it was gonna be. – That’s the only reason
I wanna be rich is just so I could extremely help out
other people in that type of way. – I’m gonna put it as number three.
– I guess five. – It’s his God’s plan
to be number one, and so it will be. – ♪ Yeah ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Kiki, do you love me? ♪
– Another Drake one, yes! Drake killing the game.
– ♪ From beside me, ’cause I want ya ♪
– Yeah, 2018 was a good year for Drake, too.
– My 12-year-old cousin still dances to this, you know?
– This kid– Shiggy was the [bleep] reason
this song went number one. – ♪ …need ya ♪ ♪ And I’m down for you always ♪
– (sighs) This might have to be number two.
It’s so hard with Drake, because he has number one
so regularly. – I’m putting that one
at number one. – I’m just gonna do number six.
– I’ma have to put it in four, but I know it’s probably higher. – ♪ Made this year with all the… ♪
– OH! Let’s go! Oh! – Is this “Sicko Mode”?
– This is relatively new. – I literally have no clue
who this is. – This is Kylie Jenner’s
boyfriend, right? – ♪ Had to hit my old town
to duck the news ♪ ♪ Two four hour lockdown… ♪
– This was one of the most creative music videos of 2018.
– ♪ We all in too deep ♪ ♪ Pl-pl-playin’ for keeps ♪
♪ Don’t play us for weak ♪ – ♪ Someone said ♪
– Ah, so good. – This year has been
really good for music. I don’t care if you think
it’s pop trash. It’s my type of trash. – Number eight.
– I’ll put it at number four. – All these songs are great,
but “Sicko Mode” is going in at seven. – ♪ So, pull me closer
♪ Why don’t you pull me close? ♪ – This song…
– ♪ Why don’t you come on over? ♪ – …has gotten to the point
where it annoys me SO much! – ♪ Oh ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Baby ♪ ♪ Why don’t you just meet… ♪
– I like this song. – I literally just go in Nordstrom
and I hear this, like, in every single store
I go in. – This is one of those poppy
trash songs that when I say “radio music”
I think of. – Radio music is
impressing me right now. I really like it.
– I’m gonna say this is nine. – That was a really big song.
I’m gonna put it at number two. – Let’s do five for that.
I’m gonna put “In The Middle” in the middle.
– ♪ I still see your shadows in my room ♪
– Juice WRLD. – ♪ …back the love
that I gave you ♪ – Oh no, fam.
Don’t get that down that you, like,
in the floor with your head. That gotta be
some hard breakup. – ♪ Easier said than done ♪
♪ I thought you were… ♪ – Like, I’m just, cringe, dude.
Just forget about her already! Damn! It’s not that hard. – This song’s got me
in my feelings more than Drake’s. – ♪ I have these lucid dreams ♪
♪ Where I can’t move a thing ♪ – I didn’t know this hit
the top of the charts. – I’m gonna give it a 10.
– Number nine. – I’m gonna put
“Lucid Dreams” at eight, but it’s not
gonna stay there. – ♪ I need it right here ♪
– Ahh! – ♪ ‘Cause girls like you… ♪
– Maroon 5. – ♪ When I come through ♪
– Ah, this is such a good song. – This song has been played
a million times, but I still jam out to it.
– ♪ Yeah, me too ♪ ♪ What I want when I come through ♪
♪ I need a girl like… ♪ – This was such a good video.
This makes me so happy. – It’s so weird when you see
really big artists collab, ’cause it’s like you just don’t
see them as living in the same world. You know what I mean?
So, to see them come together is kind of weird.
It’s a trip. – Nine, ’cause that’s
the only spot I have left. – Number three right now.
– I guess that’s number eight. I’m gonna have to do
some serious rearranging here, because I messed up big time.
– (FBE) So, now that you’ve watched through all of these,
we’re gonna give you a chance to make some changes.
Let us know when you’re locked. And remember, you get two points
for every answer you get exactly correct
and one point for every answer you’re only one off for.
– Love that. – I’m gonna keep “Girls Like You” as number one.
I feel like that was just divinely timed.
– “I Like It,” eight. “Lucid Dreams,” nine.
“Sicko Mode,” 10. – “In My Feelings,” six. “Sicko Mode,” seven.
I’m feeling pretty good, but you never know
with these kinds of things. – (FBE) So, here’s the actual order
going from 10 to one. – All right.
– (FBE) Number 10 is “In My Feelings”
by Drake. (buzzer)
– Goddammit! Grrr. – WHAT?! Wait!
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I was so off.
– I should’ve known. It was kinda just a meme,
and it was outplayed. – (FBE) Number nine is “The Middle”…
– Hey, let’s go! – (FBE) …by Zedd and Maren Morris.
– (clicks tongue) Ah! I knew that [bleep] was wack.
Should’ve put it lower. – One point. There we go, one off!
– Are you serious?! I’ve heard that song so much! – (FBE) Number eight, though,
is “Sicko Mode” by Travis Scott. – Oh, I was off by ONE!
– Oh, I got that one right. – I did it!
I got that one! – (FBE) So, number seven
is “Nice For What” by Drake. (buzzer) The disrespect.
I expected this to be higher. – Got that one wrong, too.
– I am so good at this! – (FBE) Number six is “Better Now”
by Post Malone. (pop)
– No, wait. Wait! I got one point, ’cause I have it
as number seven. – No! Dang it!
I still get the one point, though, ’cause I put that
as number five. – I’m getting three
in a row right now. Oh! I’m mind blown!
(kaboom!) – (FBE) Number five and number four
are actually tied at 21 weeks in the top 10 and both peaked
at number one. So, if you have either
at four or five, you get two points.
And if you have either at three or six,
you get one point. – Okay.
– (FBE) The two songs are “Psycho” by Post Malone
and “I Like It” by Cardi B. – I got “I Like It”
at number five. – At least I got a point
for “Like That.” I mean, that’s kinda close.
– “I Like It” as number four. Let’s go. (chuckles)
I’m killing it right now. – (FBE) Number three
is “Lucid Dreams” by Juice WRLD. – I had it at four.
Let’s go. – Good job, Juice WRLD.
I had no idea. – Juice WRLD’s not even
that big of an artist compared to the rest of these!
That’s so crazy. – (FBE) So, number two
is “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5. – Oh, I got that way wrong.
I had it at number 10. – I had that as number eight.
(laughs) I had no faith in Maroon 5!
– One off again. So, at least we’re getting–
This is the most points I’ve ever gotten
in a thing like this. – (FBE) And finally,
the number one spot goes to “God’s Plan” by Drake.
– ♪ God’s plan ♪ Knew it!
– Yay, two points. (laughs) – Nice! I at least got that one.
– Yes! I had faith in this. This is God’s plan
right here guys for me to actually
get two points! – (FBE) So finally, this list,
compared to last year, has a lot of repeated artists…
– Of course. – (FBE) …with Drake,
Post Malone, and Cardi B taking up the majority of this list.
– Yes. – (FBE) So, would you say
that those three artists are the best representative music
in 2018? – Absolutely, yeah.
Post Malone, Cardi B, and Drake just stormed in
and just destroyed everything. They made great projects,
so they deserve it. – Drake always represents
what’s kind of big in pop culture. Cardi B’s been a huge power
since last year, and she’s probably the most prominent
female rapper right now. Post Malone, everything
he even touches turns to gold. – They’re kind of
our A class right now. And a lot of people are like,
“Ah, music sucks right now,” but these are really good songs. I’m not ashamed to have
this list right now. – Thanks for watching
College Kids React. And shoutout to Rayray21.
– Be sure to subscribe to see what kind of awesome content
we have in 2019. – What was your favorite song in 2018?
Let us know in the comments. – Bye!
– Hi, guys! JC here, producer here at FBE.
Did you know that FBE has T-shirts and hoodies? Make sure
to check out shopfbe.com for all the latest designs
and help support this channel. We appreciate it.